Saturday 11 May 2013

DLT 2: Countdown To Doomsday! (And Storyboard Stuff)

Chickenfeed beside my predicament...
A race of proportions so epic as to dwarf all that has occurred in the previous history of humanity is on; yes, mes amis, the gauntlet is down: I have a month (or less in some cases) in which to finish 4 semi-diabolical assignments.
So, as I like to think, I'll just have to 'burn them down' pronto - they are aggressive enough in their demandingness; I will have to be equally sociopathic.
But here I will be dealing more or less exclusively with DLT assignment 2 and not burden you with the 3 additional varieties of suffering which afflict me...

Storyboard Revolutions!


I have revised my storyboard in 2 major ways:
  1. In response to Michael (my lecturer)'s critique of my storyboard submission as needing somewhat more structure and sturdier assessment criteria, I have - rather than saying "Bah! What does he know? Why should I listen to the people who are marking me?" - humbly complied. Thus, I am trying to build in as thoroughgoing a pedagogical and assessment framework as possible (at least, insofar as I understand the subject).
  2. I have, somewhat in line with the spirit of the above, also narrowed the scope of my course. Rather than do a 'superficial' job of expostulating on the nature of three types of harmony (diatonic, chromatic and 'modern'), I decided to do a more thoroughgoing, nitty-gritty e-module on one of the trio: chromatic harmony. As Michael says, the best thing is to do a good job (checking all the right boxes) of something with a fairly controlled scope; there's no point expanding to the furthest horizon unnecessarily when it will likely not demonstrate anything capable of improving one's actual grade a single jot.
Well, that's my initial foray; now,  back to the product itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment